Monday, July 12, 2010

Include A Sound Study During Your Paranormal Investigation


I like to do a sound study of the site and structures both inside and outside during our Spirited History Investigations. The sound study will assist in authenticating the audio anomalies that may have been captured during your audio sessions.

Here are a few sound sources that I include while recording my sound study:

Mark on your sound study each room you are in so that you can match the sounds in your study to you audio sessions.

Record the sound of walking on all floors, carpets, and floor coverings.

Record the sounds of opening and closing doors- cabinets- and drawers

Record walking up and down the stairscase(s) on stairs

Record sound of AC/HVAC/Heating going off and on

Record traffic sounds on and around the site from both inside and outside from each room.

Record any machines that may be on the property-VISA/MC machine-computers-fax machines-printers-time machine-kitchen tools and machines from each room.

Record sounds of objects that may move such as clocks ticking-chiming-clicking during hour, glass and metal objects, etc from each room.

Record voice and whisper samples of all on people on site during the investigation.

Record any animal sounds on site during your investigation. (pets or farm animals)

Record your voice and footstep samples to test the acoustics on each floor. Record sounds of talking above and below the floor you are recording.

These are just a few of the sound sources that I will include in the sound study. Once you have done this for several sites it should take about an hour to complete. With each new site you investigate you will be adding new items to record during your sound studies.

I have found these sound studies to be of great service when reviewing audio taken during the investigation. I can better identify if the anomaly I have found in the recording is natural to the site or something that doesn’t belong and could be a possible EVP.


©LeeAnneBall2010

No comments:

Post a Comment